Volunteers will be contacted via email through SERVDE to register for the trainings.
If you are not a DMRC volunteer and have an interest in attending a meeting, please contact us.
To serve the state of Delaware by establishing, implementing, and sustaining’s units of medical and non-medical volunteers to strengthen the public health infrastructure, improve emergency preparedness response, and increase community resilience in Delaware.Make a difference — Join today
Delaware Self- Management Programs
Diabetes and Chronic Disease
Two types of workshops to help people manage their chronic diseases more effectively
- Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP) — for Delawareans with diabetes & caregivers
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) — for Delawareans with other chronic diseases (such as high blood pressure, asthma, chronic pain) & their caregivers
Attention Community Leaders
Host a program! For more information, please contact us at email@example.com! Churches, Community Centers, Doctors Offices - anyplace with a meeting room! FREE program for your community!
FREE for people with diabetes or other chronic conditions, or their caregivers. Small groups are led by two lay leaders, one or both of whom have a chronic condition.
- Techniques to deal with symptoms: fatigue, pain, depression, stress, etc.
- Working effectively with health care providers
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Appropriate use of medication
- Healthy eating, meal planning, carbohydrate counting
- Problem solving
- Learn how to read food labels
- Understand the importance of an action plan for chronic disease control
- Build confidence
- Learn how to prevent or delay complications
- Take action to control disease manifestations such as blood level readings (A1C, blood glucose, cholesterol levels, and blood pressure)
- Receive the companion book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions.
Register, Host or learn more: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 302-831-6136
Offered FREE through a coalition of the University of Delaware School of Nursing, and the Division of Public Health, Diabetes and Heart Disease Prevention and Control Program and the Delaware Medical Reserve Corps (DMRC).